Affirm Sexual and Reproductive Health Identifies Key Legislative Priorities for 2024
Codifying contraception access and expanding coverage and eligibility in Arizona are among priorities identified for the 2024 legislative session by Affirm Sexual and Reproductive Health, Arizona’s federally funded Title X (10) agency whose mission is to make sexual and reproductive healthcare accessible to everyone.
Affirm, formerly known as Arizona Family Health Partnership. coordinates sexual and reproductive healthcare services, connects clients to caring providers, offers inclusive health education and, with specifically designated donor funding, advocates for evidence-based health policy at every level of government.
In pursuing its mission to make sexual and reproductive healthcare universally accessible, Affirm “will work in collaboration with a broad base of advocates to pursue and support policies to create a future where everyone has the trust, support and information they need to choose what’s best for them, no matter who they are or where they come from,” said Affirm CEO Bré Thomas.
Affirm 2024 public policy priorities include:
- Broadening equitable access to sexual and reproductive healthcare including contraception and abortion care.
- Protecting, defending and expanding the Title X family planning program.
- Increasing sexual and reproductive health education and awareness.
- Promoting equity in healthcare.
- Supporting everyone’s right to bodily autonomy, and
- Defending and reinforcing programs supporting under-resourced communities.
Each year, more than 30,000 mostly low-wage earners access evidence based, accurate and confidential Title X sexual and reproductive healthcare services through Affirm-supported health clinics across Arizona.